top of page

Our Projects

Our client work demonstrates our commitment to serving communities and clients with our unique blend of innovative ideas and adherence to standard practices.

Mere Workshop AK_edited.jpg

Matanuska-Susitna Borough Centralized Dispatch Implementation

The Mat-Su Borough has a population of more than 108,000, and the population of Wasilla is over 10,000 residents. Wasilla is the largest city in the Borough, and the fourth largest in Alaska. Palmer’s population is over 7,000 residents and together, the cities make up part of the Anchorage Metropolitan Statistical Area. Meredith has managed the coordinated update for the Mat-Su Borough in 2018, and 2023, respectively and is working on the Centralized Dispatch Implementation pilot project for the Borough. The project includes detailed communication, engagement, development of information collateral, and expertise on performance metrics for project success. 

Stakeholder Meeting Group2.jpeg

Santa Barbara County Coordinated Plan Update

The SBCAG Coordinated Human Services Transportation Plan for Santa Barbara County focuses on developing strategies and solutions to address the mobility gaps faced by people with disabilities, older adults, Veterans, and socially and economically marginalized populations in the region.


The study is based on a comprehensive work plan that includes a review of recent local studies; a demographic profile of the service area; an inventory of public and human service transportation services; and extensive public outreach. Socius Amica developed a detailed engagement plan, focusing on both in-person and virtual outreach, with a particular focus on non-English speaking populations throughout the County. 

Following the extensive needs assessment, the team developed a series of mobility solutions and coordination strategies to address service gaps. Solutions include short-term projects that could be the basis for grant applications by local entities. Coordination strategies also include comprehensive policy approaches designed to ensure regional changes, which can have a more profound impact on addressing service deficiencies over the next decade.

TAT Workshop 6.jpg

Victoria MPO 2050 MTP Public Engagement

The Victoria Metropolitan Planning Organization is the designated transportation planning and programming agency for the Victoria Metropolitan Area. The 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan update must demonstrate compliance with the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act in accordance with FHWA and FTA rulings. Socius Amica is managing Public Involvement as a part of the update, including MPO briefings, community meetings, stakeholder interviews, project webpage development, and associated social media and promotional materials.

Las Vegas Workshop 2 - Copy.jpg

Nevada DOT Statewide On-Call

Over 90% of the land area in Nevada is classified as rural. Though the state is home to 2.8 million residents, Nevada is effectively a rural state. Clark and Washoe counties, home to Las Vegas and Reno, collectively account for 88% of the state’s population. The remaining population (12%) is sparse, found in a low-density environment that is challenging to serve with traditional public transportation services.


The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) considers transportation needs through a variety of programs and in partnership with multiple departments. Similar to other states, public transportation in Nevada is offered by rural, small urban, and large urban providers. This on-call project involves providing resources and support to Nevada DOT, including the administration and oversight of federal funding, grants, and general support for transit programs for the state’s rural and small urban areas.

Indiana bus pic full length.jpg

Indiana Statewide Mobility Management Network

Socius Amica is providing subject matter expertise and support services to Health by Design (HbD) Indiana through the design and implementation of a statewide Mobility Management Network. The project team supports background documentation, extensive stakeholder engagement efforts, and facilitated an advisory committee workshop. In 2022, a foundational framework was established during the project’s first phase, with Socius Amica guiding stakeholders through goal setting and a vision for the statewide network. Phases two and three, which include implementation, are slated to begin in early 2023.

Santa Barbara
Nevada DOT
bottom of page